Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Workshop - this Thursday

OK well, we were challenged by the founder of SU at regionals to hold a workshop by a certain date in order to earn a free stamp set...and I am just CRAZY about free stamp sets. So...in my attempt to jump start this business, I've invited teacher friends from work to come over for a free workshop. I'm planning to start simple - let them make 2 cards to take home and I will demonstrate a couple other things in addition to the cards. We'll see how I do...or if anyone will show up. :) Here are there cards that I've designed just for this workshop.



First we have my new favorite fall set (Falling Leaves) which I can't get enough of. The card base is Soft Suede cardstock, and I just randomly stamped the leaves like on my swap from regionals onto Very Vanilla cardstock in ruby red, crushed curry, and old olive inks. Then I added the little wavy saying "so thankful for you and all that you do" in soft suede ink. Tied it up with a soft suede polkadot ribbon and VOILA! Easy peasy, I am guessing most of my guests will not have stamped before, so I wanted to keep it simple. Nora says it's too simple, but well she's 12 and knows everything.



The other card Nora actually approved of. It's a birthday card because next to thank-yous, it's the kind I love to make the most. There's always somebody having a birthday, and if I ever actually mailed out the cards I made, wouldn't that put a smile on someone's face? Anyway...the stamp set I used is Crazy for Cupcakes, background is melon mambo cardstock, 3 strips of patterned paper from the Razzleberry Lemonade set (LOVE IT!)the ribbon is melon mambo polkadot, of course, and the cupcake image is just stamped in basic black on white cardstock. I used a blender pen to color it in, but you could also use the markers now that SU has finally come to their senses and released the In Colors in markers as well as inks! Image is matted on yoyo yellow cardstock and pop-dotted. Both cards have a panel inside that has a coordinating stamp (leaf or balloon) and of course matching envelopes.

1 comment:

  1. FYI for Nora.. some ppl need simple.. cause they are not creative.. these look great..

    Good luck with your Workshop you will do GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete